Trout is a tender and gourmet fish of the family Salmoniade. Trout inhibits creeks, swift-flowing rivers and also pure lakes. Their flesh is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and is a source of full and easily digested protein. Trout goes well with endive that is amazingly crispy and has a slightly bitter pleasant taste. And sweet tomatoes add their own flavor. That’s what makes the taste of this salad so unique and special. This salad is very appetizing looking and you can make it for any occasion.
Ingredients for Trout with Endive
2 small endive heads
300 g trout
3 tablespoons olive mayonnaise
Salt to taste
Ingredients for Marinade
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
Coriander, white pepper, nutmeg to taste Lemon juice of a half lemon
Recipe of Trout with Endive
- Prepare the trout in advance. Heavily season with salt and sugar and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
- Then pour the trout with lemon juice and season with coriander, white pepper and nutmeg. Let marinate for 3-4 hours.
- When the trout is well-marinated, get down cooking.
- Wash endive, trim off the tip and separate leaves.
- Trim off bottoms of endive and carefully separate heads into leaves.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into slices.
- Wash and peel onion. Cut into ring halves.
- Cut the trout into longs strips.
- Arrange endive leaves on a serving plate.
- Stuff each leaf with the trout slices, tomatoes and onion.
- Top with mayonnaise and season with salt to taste.
- Serve. Serve with dry white wine to enjoy this special salad even more.