Troccoli is long fresh pasta, like thick spaghetti. Its traditionally made in Puglia with a special guitar-like tool, chitarra.
This recipe uses ginger, due to which the taste of the sauce turns brighter and emphasizes the sea flavor of the squid well. It is worth noting that Italian seas are inhabited with small and medium-sized squid. And no one peels them when cooking. It is considered that if you remove the skin, the taste will be lost.
Ingredients for Troccoli Pasta with Squid
- Squids: 2-3, approximately 500-600 gr.
- White wine: 100 ml.
- Olive oil: 80 ml.
- Troccoli Pasta: 300 gr.
- Ginger: 20 gr.
- Parsley: couple sprigs.
- Garlic: 2 cloves.
- Tomato puree (passata): 200 gr.
- Salt and pepper.
Recipe for Troccoli Pasta with Squid
- Clean the squid, remove the eyes and mouth, as well as the quill from inside the body. Rinse the body of the squid well, cut into rings.
- Pour the oil into a saucepan, fry some garlic, then add parsley and ginger.
- A minute later, pour in the wine, add tomato puree.
- Put in the pieces of squid, cover, simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add some water into another pan, add 1 tablespoon of large sea salt, bring to a boil and cook pasta al’dente. Fold in a colander.
- Put the troccoli into the sauce and stir.
- Serve immediately.