Fishing for tuna is traditional in Sicily. The Sicilians make up different dishes with tuna. This recipe comes from the chef of a Sicilian restaurant where they serve excellent fish dishes. We tried this recipe out and the tuna fillet came out unbelievably fine.
Ingredients for Tuna Fillet with Capers and Pistachios
- 1.4 lb tuna fillets
- 0.15 lb pistachio nut cores
- 1 tablespoon salt capers
- 1 tablespoons ground dry bread
- olive oil.
Recipe for Tuna Fillet with Capers and Pistachios
- Grind pistachio nuts with capers in the combine extremely finely, add dry bread and mix up. You will get an unusual breading mix that will set off tuna meat with a wonderful taste and flavor.
- Smear some olive oil on the tuna pieces and roll them over several times in breading mix so as to have them coated thickly.
- Lay out the tuna fillets on a baking pan and pun in the oven pre-heated at maximum temperature. Bake for not more than 3 minutes.
- This fillet is served cut into thin slices with salad leaves dressed with olive oil and vinegar.