This recipe is a little unusual, but peppers come out very tasty and wholesome due to the use of brown rice. Useful can be delicious. The properties of this rice can be found in the article Brown rice Are Healthy. In addition to traditional ingredients, the original taste of the dish also give zucchini, mint and goat cheese. In this dish all perfectly balanced – a variety of vegetables, herbs, not much meat, cheese. All this creates a delicious taste and rich sweet flavor.
Ingredients for Stuffed Peppers with Brown Rice
- 2 lb sweet pepper
- 0.4 lb brown rice
- 0.4 lb not fat pork
- 0.2 goat cheese
- a bunch of greens – parsley, basil and mint
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Olive oil, salt and black pepper
Recipe for Stuffed Peppers with Brown Rice
- Take out the peppers’ insides and seeds leaving only upper parts – they will serve as lids.
- Chop all the ingredients finely. Boil the rice until half-ready.
- Pour some oil into a roasting pan to cover the bottom. First fry onion and garlic, then put in meat, carrot and zucchini.
- Fry for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Then add tomato paste and tomatoes and stew for about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and greens.
- Finally put in the rice and turn off the heat.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- Put them into the roasting pan and pour in salted water until they are half-covered.
- Cover the pan with the lid, stew on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.