Try terrific dessert – thin pink and tender pancakes (or crepes) filled with fresh strawberries and balsamic vinegar poured on top.
However, the main thing here is not to overdo. Balsamic vinegar need quite a bit, only to better set off the flavor and taste of strawberries.
Ingredients for Strawberry Pancakes
- Beet juice: 100 ml.
- Strawberry puree: 50 gr.
- Eggs: 3
- Sour cream or yogurt: 4-5 tbsp
- Flour 1 cup.
- Vegetable oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Couple pinches of salt.
- Soda on the tip of a knife.
- Milk: how many, or about 1.5 cups.
for the filling
- Fresh strawberries, sugar.
- Balsamic vinegar, powdered sugar – for serving.
Recipe for Strawberry Pancakes
- Mix beet juice and strawberry puree.
- Gradually adding yogurt, oil and eggs, continue blending at low speed.
- Then add flour, salt, soda, and achieving the desired consistency of the batter by diluting it with milk. If you want thin pancakes, pour more milk and vice versa. You can adjust the density of the batter as you like.
- Bake on a hot frying pan, pouring the batter with a ladle and quickly tilting the pan for the batter to distribute evenly.
- When pancakes are cool, fill them with sliced strawberries mixed with sugar to taste.
- When serving pour pancakes with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle powdered sugar.