Salads with pasta can make a good dinner or supper, especially when the weather is hot. We used the farfalle, or the butterfly pasta, for that salad.
Farfalle make the salad look better and go well with tomatoes, tuna, tender mozzarella and fragrant basil.
The salad’s Mediterranean flavor is set off perfectly with tart Gaeta olives and extra virgin olive oil that retains the taste and flavor of fresh olives.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Salad with Farfalle
- 0.5 lb farfalle
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 0.4 lb tuna
- 0.2 lb olives
- 0.27 lb mozzarella
- a few basil leaves
- olive oil, salt, oregano
Recipe for Mediterranean Salad
- Pour 5 pt (or 2 mugs) water in a pan, add a spoon of rough sea salt, bring to boil and put farfalle in. Boil on high heat, stirring from time to time. Find the boiling time on the pack.
- Drain the farfalle, mix with a spoon of olive oil and leave to cool down.
- Take a bowl, put in tomatoes cut into cubes, mozzarella, finely chopped olives, basil and mashed tuna.
- Salt, dress with olive oil, mix up.
- And mix all with farfalle.