Cod liver is excellent as part of many wholesome and tasty appetizers. For example, here’s a smashing combination of cod liver with grilled eggplants, shallot and cheese that is unbelievably tasty with just that special Worcester sauce touch.
Ingredients for Eggplants with Cod Liver
- 1-2 eggplants
- 0.5 lb tinned cod liver in oil
- 0.1 lb any soft cheese
- 3 shallot onions
- juice from half a lemon
- a few drops of Worcester sauce
The Recipe for Grilled Eggplants with Cod Liver
- Cut eggplants across in thick rings. Grill them until they are soft.
- Chop shallot finely, add lemon juice and a few drops of Worcester sauce. Leave for 20 minutes to marinate better.
- Put oiled cod liver, shallot and cheese into the blender. Whip it up well into a soft paste.
- Spread the paste over the eggplant rings, sprinkle with any green herb. Serve with toasts.