Spicy fennel is like a brother to dill, they smell and useful properties so alike. It is known, for example, fennel, like dill, reduces the level of cholesterol in blood.
We often make this simple salad from fresh and young fennel bulbs. It is very light and in harmony perfectly with meat, fish, fried potatoes, or any cheese.
Ingredients for Fennel Salad
- Fennel: 4-5 small bulbs.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Olive oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper: all to taste.
Recipe for Fennel Salad
- Cut bulbs at the base, take off outer petals. From the petals make calla lily for decorating, use carrot for a pistil. Place the flowers in water with lemon juice and decorate the salad before serving.
- Cut the rest of the bulbs along in two, wash, take off green shoots.
- Chop the bulb halves across the fibers in thin half-rings.
- Put the fennel into a dish, sprinkle with lemon juice, dress with oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, mix up.
- Decorate salad with the flowers you made.