There’s a simple and nourishing dish to be prepared from field mushrooms, leek and cheese in a very little time. We went for Dutch semi-hard cheese Leerdammer, it is sweetish with a slight hint of nutmeg, but mushrooms go well with any kind of cheese. Vegetarians can take soy tofu. Leek adds a special kind of flavor and taste to the dish.
Ingredients for Mushrooms with Leek
- Mushrooms: 500 gr.
- Leek: 1 stalk with no leaves.
- Leerdammer cheese (or tofu): 100 – 150 g.
- Olive oil, salt and pepper: to taste.
Recipe for Mushrooms with Leek and Cheese
- Wash the mushrooms and cut in four.
- Cut the leek into rings and fry with olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, fry them together for about 6-8 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Make the surface smooth. Drizzle over with grated cheese, cover up.
- When the cheese has melted, the dish is ready.