Turkey meat is one of the most low-calorie sorts of meat. It is soft, succulent and easily absorbed. You will feel better after eating any dish from turkey, because turkey meat stimulates serotonin production. It is very difficult to spoil this meat, so if you want to enjoy turkey meat you are highly likely to be successful. We stewed a turkey leg with gentle green peas and fresh spicy herbs. This dish has a little sweetish and very harmonious taste.
Ingredients for Stewed Turkey Leg with Peas
- 2.2 lb turkey leg
- 1.1 lb/ 500 g green peas (you can take frozen peas too)
- one big onion
- some peas of black pepper
- 2-3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 saffron leaves
- some mint and basil leaves
- salt to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- First peel and cut an onion into half-rings. Then pour olive oil into a saucepan and fry the onion with the cut saffron to transparency.
- Add turkey meat that was cut into large pieces and fry them slightly, stirring incessantly.
- Then pour into the saucepan two cups of water, salt to taste, add bay leaves, black pepper and stew the meat over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add green peas and continue cooking for 20 minutes more.
- Then add finely chopped mint and basil. Cover the saucepan and turn the heat off. Let it stand for about 10 minutes. After that it is ready for eating. Serve hot.