The origins of the spaghetti carbonara recipe are obscure, but there is no doubt that this mouth-watering dish came from Italy. However, the word “carbonara” is more likely to derive from Italian word carbonari (charcoal workers) who liked to cook spaghetti carbonara. There is a great variety of recipes for this yummy dish. Here the traditional recipe that does not use cream.
You can serve it as the main course.
Spaghetti is a healthy meal as it is an excellent source of the B vitamins while cheese, bacon and eggs supply proteins and vitamins A and E.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Carbonara
300 g spaghetti
100-150 g bacon or pancetta
50 g Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves
2-3 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste.
Recipe of Spaghetti Carbonara
- Pour water in pot, add salt and bring water to a boil.
- Drop spaghetti in pot and boil, stirring slightly.
- Put oil in pan. Fry chopped garlic until golden.
- Chop bacon finely. Fry garlic and bacon together over a medium heat.
- When spaghetti is done, drain water.
- Combine spaghetti with bacon.
- Separate the yolk from the white. Add yolks to spaghetti and toss quickly.
- Grate Parmesan cheese finely. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; add ground black pepper to taste.
- Toss everything thoroughly and serve immediately.