The origins of the spaghetti carbonara recipe are obscure, but there is no doubt that this mouth-watering dish came from Italy. However, the word “carbonara” is more likely to derive from Italian word carbonari (charcoal workers) who liked to cook spaghetti carbonara. There is a great variety of recipes for this yummy dish. Here the traditional recipe that does not use cream.
You can serve it as the main course.
Spaghetti is a healthy meal as it is an excellent source of the B vitamins while cheese, bacon and eggs supply proteins and vitamins A and E.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Carbonara
- 300 g spaghetti
- 100-150 g pancetta (or bacon)
- 2 eggs
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
Recipe of Spaghetti Carbonara
- Pour water in pot, add salt and bring water to a boil.
- Drop spaghetti in pot and boil, stirring slightly.
- Put oil in pan. Add chopped garlic.
- Add chopped pancetta.
- Fry together over a medium heat.
- Separate the yolks from the white.
- Mix yolks with grated Parmesan until the cream.
- When spaghetti is done, drain water.
- Combine spaghetti with fried pancetta and yolk-cheese cream.
- Toss everything thoroughly and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; add ground black pepper to taste.