You can cook a nice salad for a holiday table arranging layers of boiled and fresh vegetables, fish and caviar. You must put all the ingredients into a special ring or cylinder. Dress every product separately with a mixture of good olive oil, salt and lemon juice, then fill up the cylinder. You can alter the number and the order of the layers according to your taste and wish. You can take any fish: salmon, trout, humpback salmon or summer salmon.
Ingredients for Salad with Smoked Salmon and Red Caviar
- 0.7 lb smoked salmon
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- parsley, basil
- 1.1 oz red caviar
- 1 red onion
- olive oil, salt to taste
- juice of one lemon
- Boil potatoes, carrots and eggs whole. Cool, peel and grate each product roughly into a separate bowl.
- Cut an onion and a cucumber into small cubes separately too. Chop parsley. Cut the fish into small pieces.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Dress each product except fish with the mixture in a separate bowl.
- Put a ring on a plate. Arrange the layers, the top layer being the yolk one. Let the salad stay for about an hour for the layers to fix and then remove the ring.
- Top the salad with cucumber slices and red caviar.