We would like to share our favorite recipe of homemade shortcakes. You can bake these cakes for Christmas, children adore them. The recipe is very simple, but despite very few ingredients the cakes come out exceptionally tasty, crispy, crumbly and soft. If you bake them for holidays you can garnish them with cream, colorful confetti, melted chocolate or stick them together with any thick jam. But they are very tasty without all these things.
Ingredients for Homemade Shortcakes
- 1.1-1.3 lb flour
- 0.4 lb sugar
- 0.4 lb butter
- 3 tablespoons cream, sour cream or yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Whip eggs with sugar. Add some salt, vanilla, cream, baking powder and melted butter. Mix all together very well.
- Add flour gradually, kneading dough with hands. It is difficult to find the exact amount of flour. As soon as you feel that the dough gets smooth and elastic stop adding flour. This dough does not like to be kneaded long, try to do everything very quickly.
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer, cut out cakes using a figured knife or forms.
- Stab each cookie with a fork so that it will not alter shape when baking and get ready faster.
- You should have your oven preheated up to 360 degrees. Bake cookies on a dry baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes. The cakes are ready when they are evenly brown.