You can make an unusual salad with chickpeas. These yellow peas are known to be very healthy for those who have kidney diseases since they generate an alkaline reaction, and the chickpea vegetable proteins assist in removing toxins from the kidneys and the blood. Besides, chickpeas are very tasty and nutritious. But before you use it in dishes you’ll have to presoak it for a long time and then cook it for not less than an hour. Fortunately you can buy boiled chickpeas in jars. So if you don’t want to spend so much time you can buy a jar of prepared chickpeas.
Ingredients for Salad with Chickpeas, Cucumbers and Cheese
- 0.4 lb boiled chickpeas
- 1-2 cucumbers
- 0.2 lb Pecorino cheese or sheep feta cheese
- Romana lettuce or any other kind of lettuce
- parsley, basil, a few stalks of each
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- olive oil, lemon juice
- Cut cucumbers into cubes, leave some slices for garnishing.
- Chop parsley and basil with a knife, mash garlic cloves.
- Grate cheese roughly.
- Mix boiled chickpeas with cucumbers, herbs, garlic and cheese, salt to taste.
- Dress the salad with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Put lettuce leaves on a plate. Place the salad on the lettuce leaves making a ring. Garnish it with grated cheese, cucumber slices and herbs. You can serve the salad at once.