This dessert appeared in Australia in 1853 as a way of recycling not very fresh pastries, which have long traveled from the Old World.
Now these brownies are popular in many countries because of the easy preparation, delicious taste and a beautiful look.
Homemade brownies are made from good-quality products. Usually, it is a piece of chocolate with different fillings, which is cut into bars.
However, there is another variant. In America, for example, rocky road brownies are made in the form of little cupcakes.
You can add anything that is at hand into the chocolate. Nevertheless, it is usually chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. Further variants are possible.
Ingredients for Rocky Road Brownies
- Dark chocolate: 300-400 gr.
- Butter: 50 g.
- Cream or cream cheese: 100 g.
- Handful of roasted almonds.
- Several pieces of marshmallow.
- Candied any candied fruit (we had candied melon).
- Fresh blueberries can cranberries, cherries or raisins.
Recipe for Rocky Road Brownies
- Melt some chocolate with butter and cream.
- Take any suitable mold and cover it with a plastic wrap.
- Lay out half the mixed ingredients onto the bottom.
- Pour warm chocolate over.
- Put fruit and nuts on top, pushing them into the chocolate a little.
- Place the mold into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Then remove the chocolate bar from the mold, cut into pieces of any size.