According to dieticians, you need to eat first courses – soups and borsches – for slimmer figure and looking good.
A bowl of soup makes you feel full and comfortable, though you get not so many calories. And it needs for our body to spend more energy to digest them than they actually provide.
Besides, soups are beneficial for our stomach and digestion.
Rice soup with meatballs is so delicate and tender. We offer you a special recipe with nutmeg, oregano and basil. The result is pleasant combination of taste and aroma.
We use beef for meatballs. Beef meat is known to help overcome tiredness.
Ingredients for Rice Soup with Meatballs
1-1.3 lb beef meat
1-2 white onion
4-5 garlic cloves
5-6 basil leaves
1 teaspoon oregano
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
100 g rice
1 tablespoon flour
Salt to taste
Recipe for Rice Soup with Meatballs
- First, wash and soak rice.
- Then, make meatballs.
- Grind the meat with three garlic cloves and onions using meat grinder.
- Add oregano, freshly grated nutmeg, the egg, salt and the flour to ground meat.
- Combine everything well and form small meatballs.
- Now make sautéed mixture for the soup.
- Sauté two garlic cloves in olive oil and add finely chopped tomatoes and shredded basil leaves. Simmer everything for five minutes.
- Now pour 4 pt (2 liters) of water into a pot and bring the water to a boil.
- Add meatballs into boiling water one at a time.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally and drop soaked rice.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes and add sautéed mixture.
- Keep cooking for additional 5 minutes and turn the heat off. Let stand for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.