We called this salad “red” because all its ingredients – pepper, tomatoes and orange carrot – have a rich red color. Of course, it is pleasant to the eye and makes us feel better, thus improving digestion. This salad is rich in beta-carotene. In combination with fats (olive oil for example), beta-carotene converts into vitamin A in our body. And this vitamin is essential if you want to have nice complexion, smooth face skin and strong immune system.
Ingredients for Red Salad
- 3-4 sweet pepper
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 white onion
- 1-2 parsley stalks
- Salt and oregano to taste
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
Recipe for Red Salad
- Peel the onion and cut in into thin half-slices.
- Cut the tomatoes and the peppers into small cubes.
- Coarsely grate carrot.
- Shred parsley.
- Put the ingredients into a salad bowl and add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle oregano, rubbing it between your fingers.
- Dress with olive oil.
- Mix well and serve.