You can cook lots of dishes with pumpkin. Among them are flavorful pumpkin puffy pancakes. These pancakes have a nice, appetizing, deep-yellow color and delicate fabulous flavor with overtone of light and marvelous basil odor. Garlic is also in the right place here and all the ingredients go well with piquant buttery taste of Dutch cheese. Pumpkin puffy pancakes are good to serve for breakfast and dinner. Sour cream or kefir will enhance the taste greatly.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Fluffy Pancakes with Cheese
- 200-300 g pumpkin
- 150 g Dutch cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Couple of basil leaves
- 1 cup flour
- Olive oil for frying, as much as needed
- Baking soda, on the tip of the knife
- Grate pumpkin, cheese and garlic finely.
- Chop basil finely.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, flour, cheese, pumpkin, garlic and basil.
- Add baking soda on the tip of the knife and salt to taste.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture into the pan and fry on both sides over medium heat.
- Cover the pan occasionally to make sure puffy pancakes are fried through. Fry until nicely brown.
- Serve hot with sour cream.