Here is our new cooking fantasy combining the gifts of the sea and the gifts of the land.
Mussels, green pea and pasta – all these ingredients create a fabulous taste and make an appetizing and nice dish with stunning aroma and airy taste.
This dish will be a good option for romantic dinner with mussels being strong aphrodisiac. In addition, these foods provide all essential nutrients we need to be healthy.
Ingredients for Mussels with Green Pea and Pasta
- 2-2.2 lb (1 kg) fresh unshelled mussels
- 300g fresh or frozen green pea
- 300g pasta (any sort)
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 parsley stalks
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Boil mussels in small amount of water.
- When all mussels are open, remove and pull out flesh.
- Strain mussel water into a cup for sauce.
- If you have frozen pre-cooked mussels, just take out their flesh and strain package leftover water into a cup.
- Chop tomatoes finely.
- Grate a carrot into long strips or cut into thin slices.
- Cut onion into thin half-slices.
- Shred garlic and parsley.
- Chop lard very finely.
- Put lard and olive oil into a saucepan and sauté garlic over medium heat.
- Then add parsley, mussel water, onion and green peas.
- Cover, reduce heat to very low and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Now add pasta and some water. Make sure the dish is not dry.
- Salt to taste, cover and simmer for additional 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Then add mussels and tomatoes.
- Mix everything well and keep simmering for additional 5-6 minutes.
- Cook pasta until al dente and turn the heat off. Add sliced carrot and mix everything well once again. If you like spicy food, you can add hot chili peppers
- Arrange on plates and garnish with parsley and carrot. Serve.