Eggplant is a wholesome vegetable from the solanaceae family. It prevents bad cholesterol from sticking onto the blood vessel walls and removes toxins. Anthocyans – strong antioxidants – impart dark coloring to eggplants. Therefore it’s a good idea to enrich your diet with eggplant dishes as often as possible. They are very easy to cook. Here is the recipe for eggplant rolls, which we stuffed with cottage cheese, herbs and garlic. This dish can be prepared quickly and is always unbelievably tasty.
Ingredients for Eggplant Rolls with Cottage Cheese
- 2-3 eggplants
- 1/2 pound/ 250 g cottage cheese or soft cheese
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- rosemary, thyme, parsley,
- salt to taste
- olive oil for frying, as much as it is necessary
- Wash the eggplants, trim off the ends and cut them along in thin slices.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and fry eggplant slices on both sides until they get soft, for about 2 minutes each side.
- Chop herbs finely. Mash garlic cloves.
- Mix the herbs and the garlic with cottage cheese or soft cheese. Salt slightly if needed.
- Then put cottage cheese on the warm eggplant slices and fold them into rolls.
- Serve the rolls cold, decorating the dish with herbs.