Chocolate fondue is a dessert that has earned great popularity. It sounds a bit mysterious and intriguing though actually it is easy to cook. All you have to do is melt chocolate and dip slices of different fruits into it. But there is brilliance behind the simplicity. It is a luxurious pleasure to partake of this dessert, because fondue is not just a meal, it is a lifestyle, the style of unhurried, calm intercommunication. This dish will do good for a romantic dinner.
Ingredients for Chocolate Fondue with Honey and Cognac
- 0.4 lb 70% bitter chocolate
- 6-7 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5-6 tablespoons cognac
- kiwi fruit, oranges, bananas for dipping
- Put broken-up chocolate bars into a small pan; add milk or cream, a spoon of honey.
- Melt chocolate on a water bath, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is smooth, pour the cognac in.
- Pour the chocolate into a fondue bowl and put it in the centre of the table.
- Light a candle under the fondue bowl and serve chocolate with fruit slices.
- Dip the fruit slices into the warm chocolate using forks with long handles.