The health benefits of pumpkin are explained by its high content of carotene, the B vitamins, vitamin C and minerals. Pumpkin helps slow down the ageing process, smoothes our skin (especially combined with honey and almond), prevents cancer and lowers cholesterol levels. Pumpkin is used in many dishes, including desserts. Sweet pumpkin goes perfectly well with sourish quince. Apart from quince being rich in iron, this fruit gives a zest to this dish. This tasty and airy dessert is good for those watching their weight, diabetics, kids, seniors and all health-conscious people.
Ingredients for Beauty Dessert with Pumpkin and Quince
- 200-300 g pumpkin
- 1 quince
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Half of a nutmeg
- 8-10 almond nuts
- Grapes for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cream or olive oil
Recipe for Beauty Dessert with Pumpkin and Quince
- Peel pumpkin and remove seeds. Cut it into large pieces.
- Drop pumpkin pieces and whole quince into boiling water.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes and remove.
- Cut quince into pieces and remove seeds.
- Put pumpkin and quince into blender.
- Add honey and 4-5 almond nuts (crumble the rest of the nuts finely for topping).
- Blend at medium speed. To improve the uptake of carotene, add tablespoonful of cream or olive oil.
- Put blended cream into creamers and top with ground nutmeg and almond crumbs.
- Garnish with quince slices or grapes.