This dish recipe has been created spontaneously from what one usually has. And cooking it was no mistake!
It is really delicious, and tender green peas are perfectly combined with delicate rabbit meat.
At first, my husband said – peas don’t go with the rabbit. And then, even with the bread everything cleaned up from the plate.
Ingredients for Rabbit with Green Peas
- Rabbit meat (we had four front legs): about 600 gr.
- Frozen green peas: 500 gr.
- Tomato pieces 1 jar: 400 gr.
- Onions: 1-2
- Dry white wine: half a cup.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
Recipe for Rabbit with Green Peas
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan. Chop onions finely and simmer it on low heat 10-15 min. It should become soft and translucent rather than cooked hard.
- Then pour some wine. When it gets evaporated a little, add rabbit meat and let it get browned lightly.
- Then add tomatoes. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes and add peas.
- Cover the pan and simmer the meat until it is cooked. Here in Italy, rabbit meat is very soft, so the dish is cooked for about 20 minutes.
- And you see – what rabbit you have. Maybe, if the rabbit is hard, it is necessary stew longer, and add a little water.