This dish is a simple one but also a dainty and exquisite one. Ordinary pork fillet in combination with the romantic black truffle paste make a dish of wonderful taste. You can buy truffle paste or sauce in any European shop. By the way, it is very easy to make – olive oil is mixed with grated truffles.
Ingredients for Pork Fillet with Truffles and Cheese Paste
- about 1.3 lb pork fillet
- 2-3 tablespoons truffle paste
- 0.2 lb soft cheese
- Cut the pork fillet into thin slices, pound them with a wooden hammer slightly and salt to taste.
- Grate the cheese finely; mix it with a spoonful of truffle paste.
- Spread each slice of the fillet with mushroom paste, then sprinkle the prepared cheese all over the slices.
- Roll the fillet up and fix them with small wooden skewers so that the rolls don’t come undone while cooking.
- Put the fillet into a glass form. There’s no need to use oil or fat as truffle paste and cheese contain fats which will be melting gradually.
- Put the form in an oven and bake until the meat is ready. Baking time depends on the size of the rolls, but generally it takes about 25-30 minutes.
- It is better to serve the fillet hot but when cold it makes an excellent appetizer too.