American pancakes are thick and amazingly soft and silky. They are so easy to make that they come out fine even if you haven’t made them before. Pancakes with maple syrup is the Americans’ favorite dish they just can’t get enough of! But you can also serve them with honey, cream or jam.
Ingredients for Pancakes American Way
- 0.2 – 0.3 lb flour
- 0.6 pt milk or yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoonful baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoonful sugar
- Separate yolks from whites.
- Mix yolks with milk, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Beat up whites until they become hard spikes, add into the dough and mix up.
- Warm up a frying pan on medium heat and butter it.
- Pour in dough in small quantities, fry for several minutes on each side until golden.
- Butter the ready pancakes and pour over with maple syrup.