Placindas are flat pies or cakes with stuffing. It is a highly popular dish in Moldavian cuisine. Practically any stuffing goes – potatoes, cabbage, feta cheese, mushrooms. There are sweet versions with cherry, pumpkin, apples. Anyhow it is a real treat that is very easy to make.
Ingredients for dough
- 1.4 lb flour
- 0.6 lb kefir, yoghurt or sour cream
- an egg
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Ingredients for stuffing
- 1 – 1.2 lb cottage cheese
- a bunch of greens – dill, parsley, green onion
- an egg
Recipe for Placindas with Cottage Cheese
- Sift the flour, pour in kefir, add an egg, salt and oil. Knead firm non-sticky dough and leave it covered with a film for an hour.
- Once it has come by, divide it into smallish balls about 10 in number.
- Roll them out thinly stretching the dough a little. Put stuffing in the middle – cottage cheese, egg with salt and finely chopped greens.
- Pinch the edges shut and press down the cakes a little.
- Fry until nicely golden in a frying pan with a small amount of oil.