In culinary, the flesh of a ripe avocado is used for cold dishes. Usually, lemon or lime juice is added to avoid oxidation that impairs the taste and appearance of this fruit. Avocado is just fabulous for cooking vegetarian dishes. This sour-sweet fruit tastes like pear and pumpkin (more like pear) and it also has the savor of conifers sap that gets stronger from its pit to the skin. The flesh of avocado supplies 118 kcal and contains 30% fat. Avocado goes well with tomatoes and shrimp. You can make this salad for romantic dinner, like for Saint Valentine’s Day. Get creative and arrange the salad on the avocado skin in a heart shaped form.
Ingredients for Lovers Salad “San Valentino”
200 g shell shrimps
5 quail eggs
Lemon juice of a half lemon
3 bay leaves
Salt to taste
Recipe of Lovers Salad “San Valentino”
- Boil eggs, peel and chop finely.
- Wash avocado and cut along. Remove pit and use spoon to take out flesh.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to avoid oxidation.
- Mash the flesh with a fork or cut into small dices.
- Boil shrimps with bay leaves and remove shells.
- Finely chop shrimps and save a few of them for garnishing.
- Cut onion and tomatoes (save one tomato for garnishing) into small dices.
- Combine avocado flesh, eggs, tomatoes, onion and shrimps.
- Add salt to taste and mix everything together.
- Fill halves of avocado with the salad.
- Garnish with greens, tomatoes and shrimp.