Although omelet may be regarded as one of the simplest dishes to make, there are a few hints for making a good one: it is cooked on low heat, and stirred carefully. The main thing is not to overdo it.
Truffle omelets are a gourmet’s dish. Truffles with their wonderful flavor set off eggs’ soft taste to a nicety. These omelets are characteristic of French and Italian cuisines. In Italy, omelets called frittata.
In France truffle omelets are generally made on a water bath and when they are ready they add a couple of spoonfuls of thick cream.
Ingredients for Truffle Omelet with Quail Eggs
- Quail eggs: 18 pcs.
- Black truffles: 40 g.
- Olive oil or butter 25 oz.
- Salt and pepper.
Recipe for Truffle Omelet with Quail Eggs
- If the truffles are whole and fresh, clean them and wash in running water. Cut them into small pieces. We bought them already in pieces in olive oil.
- Break eggs into a dish, mix them with a fork, whipping them up a little.
- Add truffle pieces, salt, pepper.
- Melt some butter that won’t get darker on a frying pan and pour in the egg mixture.
- Stir it slightly in a minute.
- Fry on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.