Rabbit liver pate is considered a delicacy. As rabbit liver has a slightly sweet smack, it would go well with some gin in the pate. Somewhat bitter and juniper-flavored gin plays well with tender pate’s taste. You can serve rabbit liver pate in a variety of ways. Wrap it in ham or serve as a spread, rabbit liver pate is always delicious.
Ingredients for Rabbit Liver Pate
- 1 lb (500 g) rabbit liver
- 1/2 cup (150 g) butter
- 100 g pitted black olives
- 1 large white onion
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons gin
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Couple of parsley stalks
- Salt, black pepper
- Boil rabbit liver in a small amount of water for about 10 minutes.
- Peel the onion, dice coarsely and sauté in olive oil until soft.
- Finely grind rabbit liver, olives and the onion using a meat grinder.
- Then add softened butter, finely grated nutmeg, oregano (rubbed between fingers for better aroma) and shredded parsley.
- Combine everything, add salt and pepper to taste, pour in gin.
- Mix everything for a few times thoroughly to finish. It stores in a fridge for 3-4 days and you can use it as needed.