Rabbit meat has a very tender texture and digested easily. It provides our system with healthy full proteins and promotes recovery. In terms of taste and culinary qualities, the best rabbit cuts are forelegs and saddle fillet. Simmering rabbit meat in cranberry sauce gives it incomparable luxury sweet and sour zesty taste which is going to appeal to all epicures.
Ingredients for Rabbit in Cranberry Sauce
- 3-4.5 lb (1.5-2 kg) rabbit meat
- 200 g cranberry sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 100 ml water
- 2 onions
- If you have a whole rabbit, hatch it into cuts.
- Chop onions and saute in butter.
- Then add rabbit meat and brown on both sides.
- Pour in cranberry sauce you can make using our Cranberry Sauce recipe.
- Add 100 ml of water and salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes over low heat, turning over occasionally.
- Uncover, and cook for additional 10 minutes to let excessive moisture evaporate.
- Serve hot with the sauce. Garnish with olives, mushrooms or any other vegetables.