Pappardelle is a kind of wide egg noodles made from hard sorts of wheat. Combined with a thick meat sauce, mushrooms and tender ricotta, you get an unbelievably delicious dish. It is commonly prepared for weekends when the whole family gathers round the dinner table.
Ingredients for Pappardelle with Meat Sauce
- Pappardelle: 300 gr.
- Minced beef: 350 gr.
- Tomato puree: 500 gr.
- Dried porcini mushrooms 30 gr.
- White onion: 1
- Ricotta: 250 gr.
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper: to taste.
Recipe for Pappardelle with Meat Sauce
- Fry finely chopped onion until it gets transparent.
- Add minced meat, fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato puree and mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cover up and simmer on low heat, 15-20 min.
- Boil pappardelle until al dente. The time indicated on the package. Water is necessary to take 1 liter per 100 gr. paste.
- Take it out and serve hot at once with the sauce, after sprinkling over with parmesan and add 1-2 tablespoons ricotta.