Here’s a dish of tender meat balls and kidney beans that will make an excellent lunch or supper. Being substantial it’s ideal for those who like a good square meal.
Ingredients for Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb minced veal
- 2 onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon starch
- 0.8 lb boiled beans
- 0.4 lb tomatoes
- black pepper, oregano, laurel leaf
Recipe for Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Take minced meat and mix in one chopped onion, an egg, starch, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix well and make balls. Fry them until they acquire a golden crust.
- Pour some oil into a roasting pan, fry some chopped onion, add tomatoes cut into pieces, laurel leaf. In another two minutes add boiled beans, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for about 3 minutes, then put in the fried meat balls.
- Simmer the whole dish for about 5 minutes covered on low heat.