Corn pastry looks so attractive with its sunny yellow hue. It tastes wonderful, too.
What should be added is that you should take fine corn flour for pastry; it had better be one for quick polenta which is ready in a couple of minutes.
If you have common flour which cooks slowly, your pastry will come out thickish and coarser. So you pour some hot milk over it before cooking and let it swell up for about an hour at least.
Ingredients for Corn Cupcakes
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Corn flour: 1 cup.
- Butter: 100 g.
- Yogurt or milk 1 cup.
- Eggs: 4 pcs.
- Sugar: 4 tbsp
- Honey: 1 tbsp
- Pinch of salt.
- Baking powder 1 tbsp
- A handful of raisins soaked in brandy.
For the topping:
- Cream 35%: 300 ml.
- Sugar: 100 gr.
Recipe for Corn Cupcakes
- Mix corn flour with yoghurt and leave to come by for half an hour.
- Sift wheat flour with baking powder.
- Whip up butter with sugar until you get fluffy cream, then add eggs, honey, whip it all up.
- Blend all the ingredients and knead dough.
- Let it stand by for about 20 minutes, then put it into forms.
- Bake at 355 degrees, 20-25 min, for golden color.
- Decorate with cream whipped with the sugar.