This recipe will help you cook a crisp duck with soft and tender meat. The sauce made from blueberry and orange juice with ginger makes a harmonious and exquisite addition to the dish’s taste.
Ingredients for Baked Duck
- 1 duck 5.5 lb
- 1 pt white wine
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons mixture of dry Italian herbs
- sea salt
Ingredints for Blueberry Orange Sauce
- 0.2 pt blueberry juice
- juice of 3 oranges
- 0.04 lb ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper
Recipe for Baked Duck with Sauce
- Marinate the duck in white wine with lemon juice, salt and a mixture of dry herbs for 5 hours. Pierce the carcass with a knife in several places so it can soak the marinade up better.
- After that place the duck on a baking tray with wire fencing. Bake at 356 degrees for about 2 hours. Now and then scoop up the melting fat and smear it on top.
- Now let’s make the sauce. Cut ginger into thin slices, fry it in oil until golden.
- Add blueberry and orange juice, salt, black pepper. Boil on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- When the duck is ready cut it up, pour it over with the sauce and serve.