This is our favorite recipe of vegetable paste. We can even consider it to be an original, since it got worked out in our kitchen.
By the way, you’d do well to cut up all the ingredients with the knife without using the blender: you will get marvelous paste with excellent texture.
Ingredients for Aubergine Paste with Capers and Olives
- Eggplant: 2-3
- A handful of black or dark-blue best olives.
- Salted or pickled capers 1 tablespoon
- Sweet red onion: 1
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves.
- Fresh basil, parsley and celery: the taste.
- A mixture of crushed herbs, which includes cardamom, thyme, oregano, a mixture of different acute allspice – white, black, pink and green: all to taste.
- Good Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar: to taste.
Recipe for Aubergine Paste with Capers and Olives
- Bake aubergines in the oven until soft, prick them with a fork and put under pressure to get rid of excessive liquid.
- Peel the skin and chop the pulp with a knife.
- Chop all the other ingredients finely.
- Mix them all together, season with spices and drizzle over a fair amount of oil.
- Adjust the taste to perfection by adding the right quantity of salt and vinegar by drops.