This is a simple and tasty dish. There is only one nuance – steaks will not go with this way of cooking. Choose broad and flat pieces of salmon, with skin on one side. The skin will not let the fish stick to gridiron, and the pieces will not fall apart.
Papaya is better unripe, a bit hard.
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon with Papaya
- Piece of salmon, about 1 kg.
- A mixture of ground herbs, in any proportion – thyme, black, white and pink pepper, rosemary, oregano and coriander.
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sea salt to taste.
- For garnish: papaya, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, any salad.
Recipe for Grilled Salmon with Papaya
- Scale and wash the fish, cut it along the spine. Remove the spine with the ribs.
- Grease the clean and dry fillets with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with herbs and salt. Leave to soak for 1 hour.
- Heat the grill well.
- Oil the grate, place the pieces of salmon skin down.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- At the end put the fish under the grill for a few minutes for a better crust. At the same time add oiled papaya slices and cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- Serve hot. Don’t forget to sprinkle papaya with lemon juice.