Dried apricot is a very healthy fruit; it is the richest source of potassium which makes a perfect nourishment for the heart so cardiac sufferers stand in need for it. In combination with almond nuts these health benefits are enhanced as almond nuts reduce the level of harmful cholesterol. That’s why dessert with dried apricots stuffed with almond nuts will be very healthy for you apart from being tasty and pleasing to the eye. Even if you are dieting for losing weight you can indulge in this dessert – just replace cream with yoghurt and do not add sugar.
Ingredients for Dessert with Dried Apricots
- 0.4 lb dried apricots
- 0.2 lb almond nuts
- 2.7 fl oz cream
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- chocolate to taste
- Dip dried apricots into water, wash and dry.
- Roast almond nuts slightly in a baking sheet in an oven or in a dry frying pan.
- Stuff dried apricots with almond nuts. You can put two nuts into each dried apricot.
- Arrange stuffed dried apricots on fruit dishes or small plates.
- Whip up cream with sugar. Garnish dried apricots with whipped cream, add chocolate bits. The dessert is ready to be served.