The spring is the season for cuttlefish catching. Its flesh is tender, tasty and not fatty. It is used to prepare different tasty dishes.
Today we have cooked ginger cuttlefish. The dish turned out fragrant, with a very pleasant spicy taste.
Ingredients for Cuttlefish in Tomato-Ginger Sauce
- Cuttlefish: 1.5-1.8 kg.
- Onion: 1 large or 2 medium.
- Celery: 1-2 stem.
- Fresh ginger root: about 30 grams.
- Dry white wine: 200 ml.
- Puree tomatoes: 400 gr.
- Olive oil: 4-5 tbsp
- White pepper, salt to taste.
Recipe for Cuttlefish in Tomato-Ginger Sauce
- Remove the entrails, bone, eyes, and mouth from the cuttlefish. Rinse the carcass well with water.
- Peel and chop the ginger and onion.
- Pour the oil into a saucepan, simmer the onion and ginger over low heat 10 min.
- Then add the celery, wine, and, in a few minutes, the tomatoes.
- Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes, then add the sliced cuttlefish.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Then, open the lid and simmer some more, for the excess moisture to evaporate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and turn the heat off.
- Serve the cuttlefish in tomato-ginger sauce hot.