Prepare tender cookies with warm cinnamon flavor, pour yourself a cup of fragrant tea, sit back in your favorite armchair, and think – what else does one for happiness? Everything will come true soon. Just believe.
In the meantime, let us enjoy baking these tasty magic cookies.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Swirl Cookies
- Flour: 500 gr.
- Warm water: 280 ml.
- Fresh yeast 20 gr.
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 0.5 tsp
- Butter: 180 gr.
- Half cup of sugar and little more + 1-2 tbsp ground cinnamon for sprinkling.
Recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Cookies
- Dissolve yeast in 5 spoons of water with sugar, add a couple tablespoons of flour, leave for 20 minutes.
- Sift the flour, make an indentation, and add activated yeast, salt.
- Knead soft dough that does not stick, gradually adding the remaining water.
- Roll a ball, place it in a bowl, cover, and let rise within an hour.
- Then add butter, knead for 10 minutes. The dough should be soft and airy. Leave to rise for another hour.
- Then divide the dough into 2 parts, roll each out on a floured surface, sprinkle thickly with sugar and cinnamon.
- Make rolls and cut them into pieces of 1-2 cm wide.
- Put the slices on a baking sheet, cuts placed vertically.
- Bake in preheated oven 392F (200C) 15-20 min. until golden brown.