Freshwater fishes are as nutritious as saltwater fishes. Freshwater species contain the same amount of phosphorus and they provide the same quantity of full and easily digestible proteins. Carp has very soft and sweetish flesh. The lager fishes have fewer bones. Carp is very easy to cook and carp dishes are always so juicy. You can grill it or bake in an oven. Carp is a perfect fish for baking. Baked dishes are considered healthier.
Ingredients for Baked Carp
- 1 whole carp, about 4.5 lb (2 kg)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemon chunks
- Several parsley and din stalks
- Fish spices, salt
- Scale the fish, gut and remove gills.
- Rinse well in running water.
- Season the fish with salt and sprinkle with spices to taste.
- Put lemon chunks, garlic gloves and greens into the fish.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat an oven well.
- Now put the carp on a baking sheet and transfer onto the oven.
- Baking time depends on the size of fish. Bake the carp weighing 4.5 lb at the medium temperature for about an hour.