Those who like light but healthy and nourishing dishes will enjoy this original baked broccoli pudding with pasta. You can use any pasta and cheese which are near at hand; the result will be excellent in any case. Here are the ingredients for about three portions, but it all depends on your appetite.
Ingredients for Baked Broccoli Pudding
- about 1.1 lb broccoli
- 0.2-0.3 lb pasta
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- couple of saffron leaves
- one parsley stalk
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.2 lb parmesan
- 0.3 lb smoked mozzarella
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
- Boil the whole broccoli for about 15 minutes, take it out of water and drain off excessive moisture.
- Boil pasta until al’dente and drain through a colander.
- Fry an onion, saffron, parsley and carrot in olive oil in a frying pan.
- Mix the finely cut broccoli, pasta and the sautéed mixture in a bowl.
- Add a beat-up egg and grated Parmesan, salt, pepper to taste and mix everything.
- Put the mixture in a deep form, pressing it down slightly.
- Top it with thin slices of smoked mozzarella.
- Put the form into an oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the pudding hot.