Soft, juicy, tender as a cloud, and very fragrant – this is the way to describe how this cake tastes.
Cake feature is that it is made with olive oil. From this – unusually delicate crumb structure, juiciness which gives and the juice from the apple slices.
Cake so delicious that you will want to repeat.
Ingredients for Apple and Orange Cake
- Flour: 180 gr.
- Olive oil: 100 gr.
- Yogurt or sour cream: 120 gr.
- Eggs: 2
- Sugar: 100 gr.
- Baking powder: 8 gr.
- Candied orange: 40 gr.
- Apple: 1
- Pinch of salt.
Recipe for Apple and Orange Cake
- Slice the apple.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Knead soft dough, whisking lightly.
- Butter the form, place the dough therein.
- Put the apple slices on top, so that they are inserted in the dough vertically.
- Bake at 180C 20 minutes and at 160C still 25 min. Readiness to check with a toothpick, it should come out dry from the center.
- When the cake is ready, let it cool on the grate.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.