Make yourself a delicious treat – fruits steeped in alcohol. This is something you can prepare beforehand and give away to your family and relatives as a unique Christmas presents not unlike a gourmet item. You can use any fruits and alcohol you fancy most, unleash your fantasy, there is ample ground for experimenting.
Ingredients for Fruits in Gin
- 0.6 lb dry fruits (dried apricots, raisin, dried plums)
- 1.5 glass gin
- 1 glass water
- 0.1lb sugar
Recipe for Fruits in Gin
- Boil water with sugar. Put well-washed fruits into the hot syrup and let it cool down.
- Place the fruit into glass jars and fill them with a mixture of gin and syrup.
- Place into the refrigerator for 1 month.
- During this time give the jars a shake now and then. In a month the delicacy is ready.