Recipe for Italian Bread with Olives and Onion
What could be better than a loaf of freshly baked homemade bread! Try to bake Italian bread using our recipe featuring olives and sautéed red onion. The beauty of this bread is its amazing aroma and soft texture. Baking a good loaf requires not only the use of high quality flour and yeast, but also your right attitude. Give it your heart and soul, and the taste of your bread is going to be exclusive.
Ingredients for Italian Bread with Olives and Onion
- 3 1/3 cup (700 g) flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 red onion
- Pitted green and black olives, 6-8 each type
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (350 ml) water
- Chop onion finely and sauté in olive oil until golden. Chop olives finely.
- In a large bowl, pour in lukewarm water and add salt and yeast. Then add sieved flour gradually, kneading dough.
- Throw in olives and sautéed onion. Knead the dough until soft and silky.
- The dough should be pliable and not sticky. Form a ball and place it into a large bowl. Cover with wet kitchen towel and let rise. When the dough doubles in size, knead it again.
- Wait until the dough rises again. Dust working area with flour and put the dough on it. Knead again, unfolding and folding it a few times.
- Shape the dough into a long loaf and place on a baking sheet. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with olives and onion and place into an oven pre-heated to 390-420 degrees (200-220 C). Bake for 40-50 minutes until nicely brown. When the bread is baked, remove and place it on a towel. Cut when cooled down.