The Recipe for Gnoccetti with Ricotta And Spinach
Gnoccetti are small gnocchi or dumplings. They like to cook different kinds of dumplings in Italy. There are plenty of recipes. Here is a very popular Sicilia recipe for gnoccetti with ricotta and spinach. They have a very pleasant, tender, rich, and creamy, taste. You can eat them simply sprinkled with grated Parmesan or with tomato sauce. These gnoccetti can be used in many interesting dishes.
Ingredients for Gnoccetti with Ricotta And Spinach
- 0.9-1.1 lb/ 400-500 g fresh spinach leaves
- 0.55 lb/ 250 g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1.8-2.0 lb/ 4 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash spinach leaves, put them into a pan, cover and simmer until soft over low heat without adding water.
- Then drain through a colander and squeeze out the rest of the juice pressing them with a spoon.
- Then cool the paste and mash.
- Whip eggs with ricotta and salt in a big bowl, add the spinach paste and mix well.
- Then add flour gradually, kneading the dough carefully with your hands. The dough must be soft, elastic, and slightly sticky.
- Dust the hands with flour, separate small pieces from the dough and roll them into thin long rolls of about 0.4 inches in diameter. Cut the roll into slices of nearly 0.4 in. You’ll get small nubbles just like the ones in our photo. They are gnoccetti.
- Put the gnoccetti onto a wide plate or on a towel dusted with flour.
- Let them dry for about an hour. Then you can freeze them or boil in salted water.