Arugula is cultivated in a Mediterranean region. It is a very popular spicy herb in Italy and is called “rucola” there. It has soft slightly pungent leaves. Arugula leaves are pungent because of mustard oil in them. Arugula is perfect to add into salads and sauces, giving a special zest. It is rich in vitamin C, potassium and iron. Arugula improves digestion and helps cope with malaise. Pungent arugula chimes with juicy radish and onion. Our easy-to-make and tasty salad may be a light side dish to meat or fish. You can also eat it as the main dish if you are dieting.
Ingredients for Radish and Arugula Salad
- 300g radish
- 2 onion
- 200g arugula
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse radish and arugula in running water.
- Arrange arugula leaves on a paper towel so it absorbs excessive moisture on leaves.
- Slice radish finely.
- Peel onion and cut into rings.
- Shred arugula or tear with hands into large pieces.
- In a bowl, Combine radish, arugula and onion. Add to taste and dress with olive oil.