You can cook wonderful patties from fresh squids and octopuses. They are not fatty, but soft and nourishing. Mollusk meat contains full proteins. Their taste is excellent especially with spicy herbs added. These patties will always enrich your table. Everybody loves them, especially those who are fond of sea foods.
Ingredients for Squid and Octopus Patties
- 1.1-1.3 lb/ 500-600 g squids
- 1.1 lb/ 500 g octopuses
- 1 onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- basil, saffron, parsley to taste
- two-three dry bread pieces
- 4 tablespoons/ 50 g dry white wine
- breadcrumbs, oil for frying as much as needed
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper to taste
- Wash squids and octopuses, gut, remove eyes, beaks and rinse well in running water.
- Cut them into large pieces and grate with garlic, onion and herbs in a blender.
- Soak dry bread in white wine, mash and mix into the ground meat. Add some breadcrumbs if the meat is watery. Add an egg, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Make patties, dipping hands in cold water. Then roll the patties over breadcrumbs.
- Fry them for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Patties can be served both hot and cold with different vegetables.