Enjoy the Summer Special Mango Cheesecake
Mango is generally known as the “king of all fruits”. The fleshy pulp, sweet taste, and a nostalgic smell make mangoes a truly delightful fruit. Mango flavor has been used extensively in fruit jams, preservatives, ice-creams, and cakes. In the world of cakes, cheesecakes have the reputation of being the smoothest ones obviously because of the generous use of cheese.
Here lies the truly enjoyable recipe of the summer special Mango Cheesecake:
Ingredients for Mango Sponge
- Flour: 250gm
- Sugar: 250gm
- Curd: 250gm
- Baking Soda: 6gm
- Oil: 125gm
- Almond Powder : 50gm
- Mango Pulp: 100gm
- Mango Essence: 1gm
- Ingredients for Mango Mousse:
- Whip Cream: 250gm
- Dlecta Cream Cheese: 250gm
- Mascarpone Cheese: 250gm
- Chopped Fresh Mango: 6gm
- Mango Pulp: 125gm
- Gelatin: 50gm
- White Chocolate: 100gm
- Fresh Cream: 1gm
Steps to Follow for the Base Sponge Cake
- First of all, you have to mix curd and sugar and keep it aside.
- Now, sieve the flour and baking powder together and add the almond powder in it.
- Then add this dry mix to the curd and sugar mixture and give a nice stir.
- Now you have to add the mango pulp and essence in it followed by oil.
- Give this mix a very nice mix for some time.
- Now, transfer this mix to a baking sheet or tray and bake for 18 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade.
- Once the cake is baked, cool it completely.
Steps to Follow for the Mango Mousse
- Firstly, you have to boil the fresh cream and add white chocolate to it followed by mango pulp.
- Now add both types of cheese with a spatula followed by whip cream.
- Then you have to add melted gelatin.
- Last but not the least, add the mango slices in it.
- You have to now set this mousse in a ring and refrigerate it for at least 4-6 hours.
Now, you have to go ahead with the final layering. Bring the Mango sponge cake and cut it into two halves. Then place half the mango sponge cake and cover it up with mango mousse. Layer one more mango sponge cake and cover with mango mousse.
Finally, top with some freshly cut mango slices and enjoy your cake!
About the Chef:
Chef Pawan Kaushik was ranked first in IHM Faridabad and was a part of the Banqueting Department at Yashraj Studios, Mumbai during the visit of Mr. Gordon Brown (Prime Minister, UK) to India. He is also a proud team member of “Spaghetti Kitchen” that was awarded as the “Best Italian Restaurant 2013” by the Times Foods Awards. In a career spanning more than a decade, he served at The Taj Mahal – New Delhi, Chokola – New Delhi, Renaissance – New Delhi, and Pan India Foods Solution Private Limited. Currently, he is the Pastry Chef with Ferns N Petals which is a leading flowers, cakes and gifts brand.