Endive leaves go well as a wrapper for appetizers with different fillings. These white and elongated leaves are slightly bitter in taste, but are succulent and very crispy, give a good taste with corn, cheese and pickled capers.
Ingredients for Appetizer of Endive with Corn, Cheese and Capers
- Endive: 2 heads.
- Canned corn: 100 gr.
- Pickled capers: 2 tablespoons.
- Boiled Eggs: 2
- Any semi-hard or soft cheese: 100 gr.
- For the dressing: grinded parsley, mixed with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
Recipe for Appetizer of Endive with Corn, Cheese and Capers
- Wash endive and dry. Carefully separate endive leaves from the head.
- In a bowl, mix the corn with boiled eggs, capers and grated cheese.
- Add dressing and mix.
- Fill boats, from the leaves of endive, with this mixture.