Benefits of Eating Keto Breakfast Cereals
Nowadays, people are obsessed with living a healthier lifestyle. This includes incorporating regular exercising as well as following a healthy balanced diet. One of the diets that are increasing in popularity, is the keto (ketogenic) diet.
It’s basically a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet similar to the Atkins diet. A reduction in carbohydrates puts the body into a state of ketosis. Ketosis is a metabolic state that increases fat burning and replacing it with energy.
Because of this process, it holds a variety of health benefits. Eating the best keto breakfast cereals and other ketogenic dietary foods will provide you with the following health benefits:
Reduces the Symptoms of Medical Conditions
Originally, the ketogenic diet was created to treat neurological diseases. In 1921, Dr. Russel Wilder created the diet to treat patients who suffered from epilepsy. In 1971, Peter Huttenlocher revised the diet for weight loss purposes.
The combination of the two studies created a plan that is beneficial to a variety of medical conditions:
- Cancer: It can reduce the growth of tumors and specific kinds of cancer.
- Epilepsy: Enhances a reduction in seizure attacks in children who suffer from epilepsy.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: It can slow down and reduce the symptoms of the disease.
- Heart Conditions: Because the diet contains specific foods that have lower sugar levels it is extremely beneficial to the cardiovascular system. It can prevent obesity, high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar levels, and high blood pressure.
- Skin Inflammations: It has been proven that less sugar intake from processed foods can improve the appearance of acne and reduce skin outbreaks.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Because the diet is designed to reduce insulin levels, polycystic ovary syndrome can be prevented. High insulin levels play a main role in the existence of the syndrome:
- Diabetes: Being overweight or suffering from obesity is directly linked to diabetes type 2. When you follow a ketogenic diet religiously, it will help those who struggle with their weight to lose excess fat.
7 out of 21 people who suffer from type 2 diabetes will stop using their diabetes medications after following the keto diet.
Those who suffer from prediabetes, metabolic syndrome, or type 2 diabetes are advised to go onto the ketogenic diet, to improve their insulin sensitivity and lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.
- Parkinson’s Disease: The diet reduces symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Liver Disease: When you eat too many unhealthy fats you are at risk of getting fatty liver disease. Following the ketogenic diet will reduce enzymes in the liver that causes fatty liver disease.
Improved Weight Loss
It has been proven that a keto diet shows much greater weight loss results than other low-fat diets. Without starving yourself, you will be able to eat in abundance while losing weight.
Instead of counting calories and lowering your calorie intake, you are still allowed to eat enough calories from foods that are within the keto diet.
Increased Energy Levels
Many people who have started following the keto diet have complained about experiencing symptoms of confusion, headaches, tiredness, and dizziness. This is known as the ‘keto flu’ – it is the stage in which your body is readying itself to start burning fat.
Typically, our bodies are used to burning sugar that we get from digesting carbohydrates. On the keto diet, our bodies will start burning fat to get energy – known as ketosis.
You’ll only experience the ‘keto flu’ for a few days and then you’ll start feeling great. It’s only after a few days that you’ll experience much greater energy levels, endurance, and stamina. At this point, your body is using fat as fuel instead of glucose.
Decrease in Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression
When you digest a variety of healthy fats and less-sugary foods, it is proven that you are less susceptible to mental health diseases. When your body feels healthy it will have a direct effect on your brain as well.
The fact that you have increased energy levels will also inject your life with a much more enthusiastic outlook.
Click here to learn more about the signs and symptoms of depression and anxiety.
When your blood sugar levels are under control, you’ll experience much less cravings for sweet foods like chocolates or donuts.
While you are going through the ‘keto flu’ stage of your diet, you might actually experience a lack of sleep and even insomnia. Once your body has adjusted to ketosis, you’ll be sleeping as sound as a baby.
Ketogenic diets allow your body to feel more relaxed and therefore you’ll go into a much deeper sleep. Making you feel more awake and rested.
Not only is the keto diet great for weight loss, cravings, and increased energy levels, it also holds multiple health benefits. Definitely worth a try in maintaining a healthy physical and mental lifestyle.